Monday, September 6, 2010

Looking for Something Lost: Commentary

First off, the piece was only partially based on a true story. I'm not that bad of a student. Usually.

My idea going into this was to write about a situation that everyone would be familiar with, and a lost password was the first thing that came to mind (and by first thing I mean the first thing that came after lost keys, homework, clothing and heavy metal performance costume, but I deemed those all to be either too boring or a little too out there and reliant on pop culture references, particularly on the comedy Detroit Metal City). I already had the beginning and end in mind, so the hard part was really filling in the details of what would happen in between, since realistically, recovering a password is a relatively simple process. I figured this was a frustration everyone has experienced at one point or another, so I just took the idea and blew the problem out of proportion. For an idea like this, the first thing that came to mind was to write a not-so-serious story, but maybe that's the kind of person I am. I find it much easier to poke fun at ideas and topics than write an emotional piece, though I love reading them, and I think that would be something I might try to work on.

1 comment:

inx said...

O hai dere. :)

I really want to read the piece now! Just to see how ridiculous it is.

Post a Comment