Thursday, September 16, 2010

Candy says, I've come to hate my body...

What happened to in Jealous Husband Returns in Form of Parrot was just cringe-worthy. Honestly, I don't want to say he was completely free from blame or anything, but his "punishment" just seemed completely out of proportion to whatever he could have possibly done in life, even though the premise was so comical. I realize this was also probably the intent of the author, and he did very well in conveying the feeling of being both trapped in a cage/marriage like that and unable to properly convey your feelings to the one you love, but I couldn't help but feel terrible for the guy. First he dies, then he gets to see his ex-wife's affairs after he just happens to be reincarnated as a bird bought by his ex-wife.

Also, the story also really reminded me of this short, though this one's much more light-hearted in tone.

I'd like to just leave everyone to guess how the title relates to the content of this post, but it was just the line of a song I was listening to as I was typing this post up.

2 comments:

inx said...

oh, the short. :) i love it so much!

i agree with what you're saying--it's a horrid punishment, but maybe it's just helping him to realize the thing about the cage/marriage and just miscommunication overall. thanks for the insight!

Anonymous said...

mcsweeney's is great

Post a Comment