Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Return of the Revenge of the :3333333333



Okay. This song is ridiculous and keeps me up at night. It's hilarious and I love it. David forced me to write this post.

I don't even know what to write here. Ridiculous bouncy electropop with horns and ridiculously bouncy vocals and ridiculously bouncy piano and jazzy influences and ridiculously upbeat melody. It's got that "cool because it's so over the top and ridiculous" feel? Seems like a characteristic of the genre though. Anyway, "Shibuya-kei (渋谷系) is a sub-genre of Japanese pop music which originated in the Shibuya district of Tokyo. It is best described as a mix between jazz, pop, and electropop." Yup.

Oh and also according to Wikipedia the genre was influenced by French Yé-yé music. I guess that might help if you know what yé-yé is. Maybe. It's probably just easier to click the link and find out. A few seconds would probably be enough.

I should probably put this post off and write a serious music post or something. Oh well.

This is your brain on drugs Life Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment