Monday, November 15, 2010

Dear Mr. Happy Steve,


I have come to realize the error of my ways. I shall no longer post stories with character names that may even have the slight possibility of coinciding with another person's Internet moniker, no matter how obscure and unimportant. From now on, I shall do a Google search of every character name I will possibly post on this blog, and restrict myself to more outlandish ones, such as Misogynistic Malcolm or Quiescent Quentin, in order to prevent an unfortunate incident like this from ever happening again. However, it seems that you were, at least, mildly entertained by my post, or at least you may have a forgiving personality (as your name seems to suggest) and will let this grievous transgression slide.

If, indeed you were serious about your story being told (assuming I understood your comment correctly), I shall gladly take the time to write a short piece based on the factual details of your life in order to make up for this incident. I realize that no action on my part can repair the damage already done to your reputation as a result of my inconsiderate earlier post, but I dearly hope that it may provide a way to express my sincerest apologies. Feel free to contact me through the comments system, as you did earlier, if you indeed decide to accept my offer, and I will find a little time to whip up a story from the true events in your life, instead of my libelous short story. I am sure there will be an assignment or project in the future that I will not want to do, which will cause me to wind up working aimlessly on this blog once again (as is the case with this current post).

Unfortunately, I must also be honest with you and say that things do not always work out as planned in my life. That is to say, there is no guarantee that I will ever get around to it at all due to the mighty forces of laziness working against me every minute. In other words, this is a polite gesture to cover for the off chance that you are some otherworldly demon I have accidentally summoned come to devour my soul.

I am truly sorry,

Wesley

Please don't hurt me.

4 comments:

inx said...

heehee.

no, but really happysteve, don't hurt him! it was all in good creativity.

Happy Steve said...

Not to worry, Wesley. I was quite entertained by your short story, which by coincidence was posted on my birthday. I accept your offer and look forward to seeing your stories. :)

Wesley said...

Mini sortakinda update reply thing. I'll probably have to postpone this story until I get through at least most of my pile of work in the coming weeks. :(

Anonymous said...

No problemo. It's a busy time of year for everybody. Also feel free to simply fabricate all sorts of entertaining stories for Happy Steve. Tales that contradicts each other, or involve robot ninjas from a future parallel dimension.

Post a Comment